Friday, December 7, 2012

God's Perfect Timing: The Junkin Family

   My husband and I started our process of adoption in January of 2011.  We have known this would be something we were going to do for quite some time (actually I told him I was going to adopt on our second date).  We already had two sons and felt the Lord was telling us it was now time.  

    Let me just be clear, I probably would not have been able to write this post during our wait!  Waiting STINKS!!  Now on this side of our journey I am able to look back on what God was teaching us through all of the waiting and the many trials we went through.  I remember at one point during our wait for our referral one of my son's was asking for a certain toy.  He pitched a fit when I said no.  I was already planning on getting this toy for him for Christmas but he did not know that.  That next day while I was doing my quiet time with the Lord I realized, I have constantly been praying for the Lord to hurry up and send us our referral ( I may have even pitched a fit or two!)  :).  How was this any different than my child?  We know what is right for our children just like our heavenly Father knows the right thing for us.  

     We got the call on June 20th, 2012 that our new son was a 5 month old baby boy.  Once we looked through his file his birth date kept sticking out to me.  I was on the phone with my good friend Deidre telling her the great news.  She asked me when he was born and I told her.  She said, "Jennifer, that was when we were at the Created For Care conference!".  The significance in that is because the day our son was born I was in a room praying for his birth mother for the first time.  I had not really prayed for our future son's birth mother and thought about the things she would endure until that day.  The Lord really convicted me of this and I wept for the woman that would give birth to our child.  Once I got home from the conference I told my husband we really need to be praying for the birth mother of our child.  The Lord knew that this was our son and their is no coincidence he had me pray for her that day!  When we were in Ethiopia to bring our son home we were able to meet his birth mother.  I was able to tell her that the day she gave birth the Lord was telling me to pray for her.  She gave me a huge smile and said "Thank you".  

     This is just one instance where God confirmed his perfect timing.  Now looking back there are so many.  I wouldn't change anything about our journey.   Pray for your child or children because you may be the first person that has ever prayed or yearned to hold this child, but also trust that the Lord knows exactly what he is doing.  I want to encourage each of you to try and listen to the Lord and see what he is teaching you and your family during the wait.  

I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, and in His word do I hope. (Psalm 130:5 NASB)
 
Jennifer & The Junkin Family
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment