Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Why "A Road To Here"?

Jeremiah 29:11 says: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  My road to here is not something that I would have scripted on my own. I am beyond thankful to be right where I am.  I'm thankful for a loving Heavenly Father that knew exactly what I needed and has plans laid out for my life. 
 
Those of you that know me are aware that I am very passionate about a few main things: my Lord, my husband, my two boys, and my job (orphan care/adoption). You won't talk to me very long and not hear me mention at least one of the four listed above, if not all of them. It is my desire with this blog to write about the things that we learn as we journey through life together. I want to write about my "Road to Here" and I want to learn about your "Road to Here". What would you have said if someone had asked you 20 years ago what you thought you would be doing in November 2012? I never would have said that I would be living in the USA let alone with an awesome husband, two precious boys (that joined our family from Ethiopia), and working for an orphan care ministry.
 
It is my prayer that through this blog we can journey together through your adoption process and down the road of life and we can find ways to grow together, learn from each other, and discover new ways to be a better wife, a better mom, a better friend, and a more consistent follower of Christ.
 
 

3 comments: